Tuesday, March 23, 2010

from jeans to skirt...

(This post is from my friendster blog account. I'm transferring all my posts here.)

article created: August 29, 2005




I’m just an ordinary fresh graduate who found her way in a not-so-ordinary international airline company. Actually, i have no idea how i got in. I just submitted an application letter, resume, and a very modest TCG (True Copy of Grades). Then they called me up for an exam and interview, and the next thing i knew, i was on my way to Manila for a 2-week training.





My life totally changed after i graduated from college. Before, i used to be a carefree, mind-ur-own-business student who goes to school in jeans and shirt. I never wore skirts (well, ok maybe once or twice. but that’s that!) because it’s just so "not-me" (hey! i can’t move around freely!) and definitely not practical since i had to take the jeepney to and from UP. Moving on, you can rarely see me wandering around the school campus alone, coz i’m always with someone or a group. When we (my barkada and blockmates) pass along the school corridors and covered-walk, or just hanging out in a "tambayan", we talk like each of us is 1km apart from the other. The other students who heard us must have thought we’re one noisy troupe. But who cares, we’re just enjoying each other’s company, and at least we’re minding our own business.



Then we talked, gossiped, and we laughed, giggled and sometimes, even sang like there’s no tomorrow. We lived life just like how we wanted it to be, not minding of what lies ahead of us. These are memories of my college years that i know i shall forever cherish. Years from now, my life might be totally different and there will no longer be traces of my UP college life, but i know that deep inside my heart, forever bustling, are the voices and laughters of those students who once had the time of their lives.


Now, as i’m writing this piece, i look back to the "Girlie" who was then an average college student, struggling with the many pressures both inside and outside the school campus. Yet still manages to laugh, giggle and fool around with her friends, wearing her most comfortable jeans and cute shirt. That "Girlie" was so different from the one who is now sitting behind a counter-table at the Asiana Airlines-Cebu office, facing the computer, and wearing a knitted blouse and a knee-level skirt (with matching cardigan, stockings and high heels). This is the new "me", not anymore carefree, not anymore noisy. (Well, ok fine! Only if i’m inside the office. Bwahahahaha!) :-D










No comments:

Post a Comment